Curry powder has many uses outside a traditional curry. It can be used in egg salad, chicken salad, deviled eggs, soups and the odd sweet. Another way to avoid MSG and other hidden ingredients in your spice mixes.
3 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons whole coriander
1 1/2 teaspoons whole cumin
1 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
1 teaspoon Smoked ginger
3/4 teaspoon Coleman’s yellow mustard or whole mustard seed
1/2 teaspoon white peppercorns (pink peppercorns a good substitute)
1/2 teaspoon whole fenugreek
1/2 teaspoon whole cardamom
1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a skillet heat medium 1 minute.
2. Place in spice grinder (coffee grinder) and grind thoroughly.
3. Store in an airtight glass container.
- What’s in a Curry? (theasiangrandmotherscookbook.wordpress.com)
- Portuguese Curry Devil Recipe! (corrinnicole.wordpress.com)
- Making home-made Thai curry paste. (kaf8e.wordpress.com)
- Spice Mixes (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Tomato Ketchup (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Fajita Seasoning Mix (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)