16 oz. Jiff brand creamy peanut butter (Fresh homemade will work)
1 cup vanilla sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs – room temperature *Warm eggs in a cup of hot tap water for 10 minutes
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
2. Place vanilla sugar in a small bowl. Form peanut butter mixture into 2-inch balls and roll in vanilla sugar, coating completely. Place balls four inches apart on prepared baking trays and flatten with the tines of a fork in a perpendicular cross-hatch pattern, if desired. *This traditional, I sometimes have used peanuts chopped fine instead.
3. Bake 10-12 minutes until puffed and lightly golden at edges. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes on trays to set before removing.
- Peanut Butter, Oats and Chocolate Make Mondays Better (jackielopina.wordpress.com)
- Kalyn’s Kitchen Picks: Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter (kalynskitchen.com)
- Chunky Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (bakerunlive.com)