- 8 cups pears, sliced
- 2 cups crushed pineapple
- 4 ½ cups vanilla sugar
- ½ cup Local honey
- ¼ teaspoon canning salt
- 1 lemon, juiced and rind grated (Non-Meyer)
- 1 cup divided lemon juice if canning
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Wash, pare, and core ripened pears. Slice and measure.
- Put the pears through a food chopper using a fine blade.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pears. Except Lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently for 20 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Pack into hot sterilized jars, adding 2 teaspoons of lemon juice per pint, one tablespoon of lemon juice per Quart, and seal.
- Boiling water Bath 15 minutes for quarts, 10 minutes for pints.
- Apple sauce in the crock pot (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Cherry Pie Filling Canned (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Does a spoon of honey with lemon juice help with bronchitis (wiki.answers.com)
- Fruit of the Week – Lemon (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)