¼ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1. In slow cooker, combine apples and juice.
2. Cover and cook on Low 4-6 hours, or until apples are very soft.
3. Add sugar and cinnamon if you wish (or reserve the cinnamon and sprinkle over finished sauce), and cook on Low another 30 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon at serving time if you wish (unless you’ve already added it in Step 3).
This applesauce will be slightly chunky. If you prefer a smoother sauce, puree.
- Tomato Ketchup (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Apple Pie From the Freezer (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Apple Pie Ice Cream (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Crockpot Chicken Mole (godfamilycountrylove.wordpress.com)