Combine the Maraschino liqueur, Grenadine syrup, and sugar in a small pot over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves fully, about 5 minutes. Add the cherries, stir to coat, and remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature then transfer to a glass jar. Seal tightly and store in the refrigerator.
Water bath 15 minutes and cool for longer term storage. This taste combination will blow your socks off. If making a large batch I tend to add a little flavoring to the different jars.( i.e. almond flavoring ¼ tsp, scrape of vanilla bean, lemon or orange zest. ) Cocktails, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate covered cherries will never be the same. I want to hear about your uses.
- *Mixology Monday! Summer Series Continued! (mysweetwedding.wordpress.com)
- Home Made Chocolate Syrup (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Cherry ice-cream (independent.co.uk)
- Homemade “Imitation” Maraschino Cherries and Brandied Cherries (12bottlebar.com)
- Cherry Pie Filling Canned (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)