On a wet Saturday morning these little gems brighten the whole day. Sometimes a little boost is all you need.
Makes 12 muffins. Estimated time: 34-40 minutes.
v 1 1/2 cups packed finely shredded carrots
v 2 large Farm fresh eggs at room temp
v 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
v 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
v 1/4 cup dried cranberries
v 1 1/2 cups pastry flour
v 1 teaspoon baking soda
v 2 teaspoons ground Saigon cinnamon
v 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
v ¼ cup golden raisins
v ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
v ½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Wash carrots and shred in food processor or with grater.
In medium bowl, whisk together (all wet ingredients) eggs and maple syrup. Stir in shredded carrots, orange juice, raisins, cranberries, and vegetable oil.
In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture. Mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened.(I use a fork.) It is important to not over mix.
Spoon muffin batter into muffin tin and bake for around 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of muffin.
Allow muffins to cool before serving.
*Drizzled with a cream cheese icing they will call for you in sleep.
- A Reader Recipe: Whole Wheat Cranberry Walnut Muffins (fitsugar.com)
- Banana Cherry Whole-Wheat Muffins (findingcoffee.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Treat: Banana Walnut Crumb Muffins (fitsugar.com)
- Orange and Carrot Mini Cakes with Dried Cherries (momdecuisine.wordpress.com)
- Carrot Cake Muffins (missyskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Walnut Muffins (courtneymdillon.wordpress.com)