2. Wash grapes and remove stems and any damaged fruit.
3. Measure one cup of grapes and one cup of sugar for each quart jar.
4. Add sugar and grapes to jar. Don’t bother mixing—it will mix when
5. Fill the jar the rest of the way with boiling water. Leave 1/2 inch
head space. Wipe jar top to clean. Screw on rings and lids fairly
6. Place jars in water bath canner. Add boiling water to cover jars.
Process 35 minutes.
7. Remove jars and place on rack or towel to cool. As you can see, the
grapes may or may not float. Either way, the taste will be the same.
8. Chill well. Serve in a pitcher with a strainer or drain juice off. Add 1/2 to one jar of cold water to concentrate. (Taste to decide how much additional sweetener or water if needed.)
- Pickling & Preserving (jenaicoon.wordpress.com)
- Apple Pie Filling in a Jar (tikktok.wordpress.com)
- Wally’s Wild Grape Wine (lolaredblog.com)