1 2-pound head of green
cabbage, quartered, cored, cut crosswise into
slices (about 14 cups) *Angel hair style
1 can of crushed
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup grated peeled carrots
onions, thinly sliced
1 cup italian dressing +1 Tablespoon of
1 green pepper diced small
Place cabbage in large bowl. Add pineapple,
dressing, and sugar; toss to coat. Cover and let
stand 30 minutes.
Toss cabbage mixture well; cover and let stand 30 minutes
DO AHEAD: Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
cabbage to a large bowl. Add carrots, green onions, and
pepper; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill 1 Hour. Great slaw for picnic.
yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- Old-Fashion Coleslaw (bigpartiessmallspaces.com)
- Spicy No-Mayo Coleslaw (markbittman.com)
- Really Easy Coleslaw Recipe (notecook.com)
- Asian Coleslaw (cucinaceri.wordpress.com)
- Not Your Grandma’s Coleslaw (theschweetlife.wordpress.com)