- 5 cups sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups oil light extra virgin olive *plus dark sesame seed oil if you have it
- salt to taste, if desired.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast sesame seeds, stirring often, till they start to smell toasty.
Cool for 20 minutes.
Pour sesame seeds into a food processor and add oil. Blend for 2 minutes. Check for consistency. Tahini should be thick but pourable. Add salt if desired. Taste.
Yield: 4 cups perfect for a mason jar and lid.
Store in refrigerator in a tightly closed container. It will keep for up to 3 months.
- Hail to the Humble Sesame Seed (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Spicy Sesame Sauce (l2ee2l.wordpress.com)
- Contemplating Exploration of Tahini (swirlgirlvsworld.wordpress.com)