Having BBQ sauce around the house is having a jar of summer sitting on the shelf. One of my favorite easy summer time meals is well browned turkey burger about 2 lbs, a jar of BBQ sauce, and a small jar of salsa slow simmered in a crock pot. Served with soft hamburger buns, pickles, coleslaw, and chips. An easy summer night meal that pleases.
1 cup ketchup (home made or non fructose corn syrup)
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons chopped onion diced small
2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon liquid mesquite smoke
1 pinch crushed celery seed
1 pinch mustard powder colemans or fresh ground
1 teaspoon smoked paprika or hot hungarian
Grind Spices in a coffee grinder and roast in sauce pan 15 seconds add rest.
Cook until brown sugar is dissolved and onions are cooked.
*FOR CANNING* multiply this recipe times 8
Put sauce in clean hot jars and water bath process for 30 minutes.
- A Savory Spring Picnic (thedailybeast.com)
- Put Up Your Cukes: Canning Heats Up, Gets Cooler (ecocentrism.org)
- Condiments and Sauces, etc….. (edgeofcrazy.wordpress.com)
- Best BBQ Sauce ever! (littledogdiaries.wordpress.com)
- Barbecue Sauce Recipe (thecookingchannel.wordpress.com)
- Easy Peasy Barbeque Sauce (cookingwithkatie.wordpress.com)