3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil or shortening or lard
1 cup warm water
Combine all the flour, salt, vegetable oil, and water until it forms a dough.
Roll the dough into a big ball and take about an 1 to 2 inch pieces off. Pat the dough flat with your hands or take a rolling pin and roll into circles.
Put the dough on a flat pan on the stove and let the sides cook until there are little brown specks on both sides like you would see on other tortillas.
- Fresh Flour Tortillas! – Homemade Flatbread Recipe – Make Your Own Wraps! (thecookingchannel.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Flour Tortillas (notecook.com)
- Kitchen Corner – Homemade Flour Tortillas (lockergnome.com)
- Recipe: Sprouted Flour Tortillas (thesproutedflourblog.com)
- Tortilla and Salsa Making Class – Erongarícuaro, Mexico (travelpod.com)