- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (4 tablespoon) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 24 small square dinner rolls
- American cheese (optional)
- pickle (optional)
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Hamburgers: Mix first 6 ingredients and press into an ungreased 10 by 15 inch jelly roll pan.
Prick with a fork.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Drain off juices (if there’s a lot of excess).
Cut into 24 squares.
Place squares on dinner rolls.
Combine mustard and ketchup and spread on rolls.
Top with pickles and cheese, if desired.
This makes 12 servings of 2 hamburgers each.
- The Skinny: Homemade fast food that’s healthy and tasty (pbpulse.com)
- You can have America’s best cheeseburger – Eatocracy – CNN.com Blogs (jeffpruett.wordpress.com)
- Nutrition Facts for Hamburgers (brighthub.com)