These egg rolls are easy to make, and definitely a winner.
egg roll wrappers
a bag of coleslaw mix
a can of mushrooms
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground ginger
a splash of soy sauce
salt and pepper
cooking spray or olive oil in a mister (I use olive oil in a spray bottle)
mung bean sprouts
can of tiny cooked shrimp, anything else you think would be good inside of the egg rolls
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Put your coleslaw in a large microwave-safe bowl, cover, and microwave 3-6 minutes.
2. Chop your mushrooms and put them in a mixing bowl. This is also when you’d put in the bean sprouts, shrimp, or other fillings.
3. Splash in some soy sauce.
4. Add the garlic. I used a HEAPING teaspoon but I like garlic.
5. And sprinkle in the ginger.
6. By now your coleslaw mix should be cooked. Drain it to get out any excess liquid as no one likes a soggy egg roll.
7. Then combine the coleslaw mix with the rest of the ingredients.
8. Place a bit of filling in the center of each wrapper.
9.Fold in two of the corners.
10. Put a bit of water on the top edges with your finger. Fold up the bottom, and roll as tightly as you can to the edge.
11. It helps if you sort of tuck it as you are rolling.
12. A sushi mat covered in plastic works for tight rolls.
13. Repeat for the rest of the wrappers, and place the egg rolls on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray or olive oil . Spray the tops of the egg rolls with the oil. Then sprinkle salt on top.
14. Bake 15 minutes, then flip the egg rolls over and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving (this will let the wrappers get a little more crisp too).
15. Serve with soy sauce mixed with rice vinegar for dipping, or your favorite dipping sauce (spicy mustard? duck sauce?).
- 5 Martha Stewart Hors D Oeuvres Recipes For Thanksgiving (mademan.com)
- 5 Easy Chinese New Year Recipes (mademan.com)
- How To Make Vegetable Dumplings (mademan.com)