Yield 6 small jars
To Make Jelly: Measure sugar into dry bowl to be added later. Measure black currant juice into 6 or 8 quart kettle. If short of juice, fill last cup with water to equal exact amount. Add lemon juice. Add pectin to juice in kettle; stir well.
Place over high heat; bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add measured sugar, mix well. Continue stirring and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 2 minutes, remove from heat. Pour into sterile jars, leaving 1/8″ head space Wipe jar rims, adjust lids and rings. Water bath 5 minutes.
- The Joys of Home Canning (getrichslowly.org)
- Making Jam (daysontheclaise.blogspot.com)
- Sunday Walk Blackberry Jam recipe (telegraph.co.uk)
- Mixed Berry Jam (quazen.com)
- Elderflower jelly with black and white currants topped with lemon syllabub (telegraph.co.uk)